One of my hats with Kickify is to take on the role as Project Manager for online projects. I pride myself in having the best interest of the company at all times. I’m also a firm believer that a company/person/business should own and have access to EVERYTHING under their name that is online. There can sometimes be concerns from web developers that they do not want the owner going in messing up their work, but that is not a good enough reason to give them access…just in case. Below is a checklist of things to make sure you have ownership of:
* domain registered in company name – with renewal info going to owner
* hosting and cpanel access login
* Google analytics access
* blog login
* reputation and geolocation website logins
* Facebook page creation or at the very least and admin role
* all social media logins
* email logins (not just your personal, but your .com email)
* Login info to anything and everything in the name of the company (that covers everything LOL)
Sometimes relationships online do not take the perfect course, so it is always better to be safe than sorry for your company’s digital ownership. Also, PLEASE make sure you have backup info and/or capabilities for all your websites!
***If you are involved with a “sensitive project” where digital ownership is an issue or are just diving into an online project, contact email@example.com today to see how she can help you.